Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Some Garden Updates

Here is an update on what's happening in my garden....
The hydrangea has filled out beautifully, and looks great. This plant was already here when Dave bought the house 11 years ago. I'm very proud of it.
The bee balm I planted two years ago is coming back for the second time. I love the way this plant smells, and the flowers are lovely.
The potted azalea is getting ready to put on a nice show. This was once planted with my other azaleas, but during the remodel, they had to dig it up, to make room for the central air unit. I potted it, and now I can put it anywhere color is needed.
The topsy turvey tomato plant is putting out blossoms. Only time will tell if I can successfully grow tomatoes with this, but so far, it looks very promising.
The Texas sage is looking better all
the time. And to think I almost threw this plant away, thinking it hadn't survived the winter.
And lastly, we have a new herb garden, with plants we bought Saturday from a local nursery just outside of Blossom. They had some of the more unusual herbs than I usually see when I shop at Home Depot or Walmart. I have chocolate mint, tangerine thyme, and Mexican marigold mint, mainly because it had flowers to add a little color.
And that's what's new in the garden so far....

1 comment:

  1. I must warn you..once you eat a home grown tomato you planted and nurtured you will be unable to STAND the taste of the store bought ones

    ReplyDelete