Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Remembering Mom And Dad

Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies. Proverb 31:10

My mother, I believe with all my heart, is the epitomy of the virtuous wife in Proverbs 10. She raised us with strong Christian values, and we never lacked for love. She loved to quilt, sew, and tend her home, where EVERYONE was welcome. She was always ready to bless others with a song, a prayer or an encouraging word when they most needed it. She always knew what to say to me when I was down, and I will forever be grateful to God for her, and all the memories in my heart.

So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudging or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 corinthians 9:7
My Dad was an iron worker by trade. He loved to read, garden, and build things, but one of his favorite things to do was give. He grew vegetables, and shopped for groceries in large quantities, just so we would have plenty to share. Over the years, I've grown to appreciate this trait in him. He is most definately a cheerful giver. I'll never forget what my parents passed on to me and my brothers and sisters, and I thank God that one day we'll all be together again.

Mom (October 28, 1932-April 9, 2004)
Dad (September 27, 1927-April 27, 2009)

1 comment: