Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fall Leaves?

Another Drawback of having lots of big shade trees is the task of raking leaves. Raking is a job I put off, and I don't know why, because once I push myself to start, I don't mind it. In fact, it's kind of relaxing. This year, I was late with the last raking job of the season, but better late than never, so I got out there a couple of months ago to do it. I had raked and picked up the leaves in the front yard, and had planned to pick up the newly raked pile in the back yard the next day.
Those plans were changed when I saw that several of my outdoor cats had bedded down in them. They looked so comfortable I just couldn't take thier "bed" away. I told myself that maybe the leaves provided them some warmth during the cool months, and I'd finish the yard, when the weather is nicer.
Well, here it is, the middle of April, and there still lies the leaf pile. Scary Cat is the only one who stayed put for the picture, but normally there are as many as four out there, sleeping in the leaves. If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you'll notice the shapes of three other bodies smished into the leaves. I know that eventually, we'll have to mow, or pick them up, but for now, I just don't have the heart....

1 comment: