Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Friday, April 23, 2010

Pleasant Lunchtime

Today, Dave and I had the most pleasant lunch together. I'm sorry to admit that I was still asleep when he got home for his break, so I hadn't gotten anything done. This didn't really bother me because I had cleaned house yesterday, hoping to do some yard work today. As it turned out, I couldn't have worked outside anyway, because it was raining. No harm done. I started a load of laundry, and we heated up some leftover veggie soup we'd made Sunday evening. We set up our folding table on the screened porch, so we could eat outside while we listened to the gentle rain fall. We were just relaxing out there and talking, when Dave realized it was time to go back to work.
Now the rain has stopped, and the sun is peaking through, but I'm so relaxed that I no longer want to work. Oh, well. It'll still be there another day. I think I'll grab my crochet, and watch some TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment