Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pink Profusion

I'm so happy. Our pink ruffle azaleas are in full bloom, leaving a wall of color down the side of our house. We got these small shrubs in 2006 at Lowes for the amazing cost of 99 cents each, and have had the pleasure of watching them grow. They're not repeat bloomers or some fancy hybrid, but oh, the beauty.
I'm especially happy to see them looking so nice this year. I used to belong to an online garden forum, and I had read many times that over feeding is much more harmful than under feeding. I'm sorry to say that haven't fed these shrubs since we planted them. I also didn't do much gardening last year, due to a period of severe depression. All that, plus a year of record rainfall may be the reason these shrubs have so many yellow leaves and have, over the years become woody. But this year my energy level is up, I'm back out there gardening, and I'm especially loving these azaleas. When bloom time is over, I plan to cut them back and give them a good feeding, so they'll be even more lovely next year....although I don't see how they can be much prettier than they are now.

2 comments:

  1. The pink and purple combination is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. And when the yellow rose opens, it will be even more colorful.

    ReplyDelete