Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Thursday, April 1, 2010

New To My Garden

As I was walking around my yard today, I realized that I hadn't yet shown the new additions to my garden.
First, we have a closer shot of the primrose jasmine, previously mentioned. I just love the delicate look of the leaves, and can hardly wait to see the yellow flowers it is to produce. Then we have a basket of petunias. I hung this under the oak tree in the front yard for the hummingbirds. Normally, I put a feeder there for them, but I thought this would be prettier. Hopefully, when the oak leafs out, it wont be too shady for the flowers, but if that happens, I can just move it and return the hummingbird feeder. That's the beauty of a potted garden. :) Yes, people, it's a Topsy Turvy. I know it's silly, but ever since I saw the ads for this thing, I've been wanting to try growing tomatoes in this manner. Normally, I pot them in those big buckets cat litter comes in, with a tomato cage. Effective, but not very pretty. If this works, it will officially be my new way to grow tomatoes. Notice the wind chimes? I included them in the picture, because they hold a special memory for me. When Dave and I were engaged, I went with him on many of his radio remotes. One of those locations was a local business, that sold spas and spa accessories. Now, normally, I'm not a fan of wind chimes, but the ones they sold at this place made such a gentle, soothing sound, much more pleasant than any other I've heard. I bought this set, which was the first decorative item I added to this house. Now, everytime I hear them, I can't help but smile. Next, we have my new rosebush. I know, I know! I already have plenty of roses, but I just love them, and this one was just full of buds, ready to bloom...and now that it has, I'm even more glad I bought it. I took several photos, trying to capture the true color of the rose, which leans more toward purple than the pink portrayed in the picture.
This is a closeup of our two new shepards hooks, added this year. I love the deep purple color of the petunias. They, along with the addition of a hummingbird feeder, are sure to provide lots of entertainment, right from our window. Lemon Zest petunias, are one of my favorite new annuals. This pot is hanging right outside our screened in porch, along with another hummingbird feeder. I can just picture myself, sitting on my backporch, with a Diet Coke, and my knitting, enjoying the peace and quiet, as I watch birds. Ah, heaven.
Dave and I had gone to Dallas to visit my Brother-In-Law at Medical City. On our way out, we decided to stop by Calloways and look for shrubs. Well, we couldn't decide on a shrub that day, but I did manage to snag this bird's nest fern.
I hope you enjoyed this little introduction to my new plants. I'm sure this will not be the last of my garden pictures for this year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment