Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pleasantly Surprised

On April 11th, Dave and I bought azalea shrubs to go in front of our front porch. According to the label, these were white, repeat blooming shrubs, attractive to butterflies and hummingbirds. They were a little pricey, but we bought them anyway, because they are just what we wanted. Yesterday, while I was watering my front porch plants, I discovered they had bloomed. That was the first surprise, because I didn't expect blooms until we'd had them long enough to be established. The other, and even more pleasant surprise, is that the flowers are a salmon pink color instead of the white ones we were expecting. I know I should be disappointed, but I just can't be. These are a gorgeous color. Now, I do hope these are all from the same mislabeled batch. I don't know how I'll feel about multi-colored azaleas planted in the same area, but only time will tell about that. I know at least three are the same color, because the buds match this bloom. I'll let my readers know, as soon as I know, what I've got.

2 comments:

  1. I think this color is even prettier than white would be....Look online. I used to buy plants online and had good luck with them. Have you thought of planting scented geraniums? I had good luck with them and they smell so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally just get the annual geraniums from Walmart or Home Depot. They don't have a flowery scent, but they smell like fresh foliage. Its nice.

    ReplyDelete