Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Waiting On God

Many of us have prayed for things that have not yet come to pass. As we know, the Lord answers all prayer, and sometimes that answer is "wait." We all agree that God's timing is perfect timing, but still being in human form, we can't always see it that way, especially when we're in the midst of our situation. Often our faith begins to weaken and we become discouraged. I was reading in a book called "God's Promises & Answers For Your Life," and I'd like to share a few scriptures that have helped me.

"Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

"For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold steadfast the beginning of our confidence to the end." Psalm 35:20

"For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry." Habakkuk 2:3

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word do I hope." Psalm 130:5

"wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!" Psalm 27:14

Lord, help us. Give is the strength we need to handle the days ahead. Give us the peace to trust that your timing is perfect. Amen.

1 comment: