Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Friday, May 21, 2010

Super Hosta

Did you ever buy something, then get it home to find that it's much bigger than you thought it was? That's what happened to me with this hosta. I found it at the same nursery, where I bought most of this year's hostas. The dark green in the middle of each leaf is such a beautiful color. It's almost blue. I also was drawn to the fact that it was already starting to bud, and instead of the light purple flowers I'm used to seeing, these are white. I didn't even know that hosta flowers came in colors other than purple, so this was quite a surprise. Now I'm looking forward to seeing my other new ones bloom. Anyway, I bought it, knowing it was big, but I had no idea. Luckily, I have a big back yard, and a rather large shady area toward the back fence, where I think it will look beautiful. Soon as the yard is mowed, I'll move it to it's new home and take another photo.

1 comment: