Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Hard Day's Work

Our yard has been looking pretty rough lately. Dave's mower isn't working, and our grass has been left to grow wild this whole month. We were looking at it all this week, thinking what a shame it is, after all our hard work, for our yard to look like this. Since Dave is off this weekend, we decided it was time to remedy the situation. We went to Home Depot to get some supplies, then came home and set to work. Dave mulched the side and front planting areas, while I potted the rest of this years plants. When that was done, we borrowed a mower from a friend of mine, who happens to live just up the street. I pushed the mower while Dave did the edging (I'm a little intimidated by the weedeater). Then we hung the rest of my hanging plants. It took us four hours to get all this done, but it was well worth it. We always enjoy working together, and the yard looks amazing. I'll have to post photos tomorrow. To avoid heat stroke, we waited until around 4pm to start, and by the time we finished, it was too dark for taking pictures.

1 comment:

  1. i am so glad you guys had a family work day. It is great to spend time together and it is great to have a good accomplishment to prove your fun

    ReplyDelete