Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hydrangea

Here is an updated picture of my hydrangea. This shrub, as I mentioned in an earlier post, was already planted and established when I moved here. It had grown woody, and the weeds were invading it. It wasn't until two years later, when my interest in gardening began, that I realized what a treasure I had. I weeded, and pruned it back, and each year it has filled out. This year it looks especially green and spectacular. I give God and the rainy season all the credit, because I haven't done anything different from usual. If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you'll notice that it's starting to form buds, which will open in the summer to reveal pink clusters of small flowers. I can hardly wait.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved seeing your flowers "in person" I deleted the first post because it had a staggering amount of typos...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I loved seeing you in person. lol

    ReplyDelete