Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Monday, May 24, 2010

Relieved

This year my pink azaleas bloomed beautifully. I was so proud, and a little surprised considering the small amount of gardening I did last year. After the flowers were spent, I went out to prune them back, and found that the shrubs were very woody. I actually expected this after the year of neglect they suffered, but I guess I was hoping I was wrong. To encouraged more leafing, I cut them way back, and applied Miracle Gro Shake n' Feed to the soil. After a few weeks had passed with no new leaves, I began to worry. What if they don't leaf, and I'm stuck with woody, spindley looking shrubs. Or worse still, what if I've killed them. Well, now I can rest easy. You may not be able to tell from the smaller version of this photo, but if you click on it, you'll notice that I have plenty of new growth. Now I know my azaleas are alive and well, and will thicken out beautifully. Whew! What a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment