Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Friday, May 21, 2010

For You, Norma

My sister loves my Italian pasta salad, so I told her I'd put the recipe on my blog.

Italian Pasta Salad

1 package of garden pasta
1 cucumber cut into bite sized pieces (I use an English cucumber, so I don't have to peel)
1 yellow bell pepper cut into thin slivers
1 can of ripe olives (I slice each one in half lengthwise, but this step is optional)
1 package grape tomatoes (again cut in half lengthwise)
1 package diced ham (if I have leftover ham, I slice it myself into slivers)
Italian dressing (we like Ken's Lite Northern Italian)
salt & pepper
prepare pasta according to directions. I use the time it takes to bring water to a boil for chopping/cutting my veggies, and putting them into a large bowl. When pasta is cooked, rinse with cold water and add to bowl. Add enough dressing to coat pasta and veggies, salt and pepper to taste and toss together. Cover and place in fridge to chill.

To me, this salad tastes so much better the next day, so I usually prepare it the night before I'm planning to serve it. If the pasta has soaked up too much of the dressing for your liking, you can always add more. Enjoy!

2 comments: