Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Touch Of Color

Just checking in to show the final results of my Kool Aid dyeing experiment. This has actually been theraputic for me in a way. Things are going haywire at my house among my cat family, and I'm unsure of the future. I don't do well when I feel I'm in limbo, but I don't want to make rash decisions I'll regret later. Knitting has always been my chosen distractor, but lately it's not enough. I've had to unravel several knitted rows, because of being unable to conscentrate on the pattern. The yarn dyeing requires no conscentration, fills the air with fruity smells, and yields a beautiful result. In fact, the phrase, "beauty for ashes..." entered my mind when I began to see the newly dyed yarn emerge. I know that isn't what the scripture means, but I feel I've been in mourning (and still am, really). I've been grieving the loss of my Annie, and the possible loss of my Max. No, they haven't died, but the Annie I know and love is, for the most part, not there, and Max...well, what is his future with us? I thought I had a handle on it, and would be able to wait it out, but I just get so discouraged...but I don't want to dwell on that.
I showed you this yarn to show you something beautiful that came out of my period of sadness. I'm looking forward to more beauty. I'm expecting things to change around here for the better. I'm expecting a miracle from God that gives me my Annie back while allowing me to keep all my cats. They coexisted before, so why couldn't they coexist again. I'm expecting it, Father, in the name of Jesus...And I never want to forget to be thankful for Morty's progress. He's really come a long way, and I thank God for his progress everyday.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Remember the song you used to sing He makes all things beautiful IN HIS TIME. Let there be a multitude of beauty come from the crafts of your hands, your ministry, your marriage, your home and YES your cat babies..In Jesus name...AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second and third those Amens! I pray God give you peace in the waiting. I pray even a quick work be done.

    Beautiful colors on your yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support, but we had another episode today that has sent me in a downward spiral. It's going to take a miracle to insure Max's future here.

    ReplyDelete