Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Friday, September 17, 2010

Beauty For Ashes...

For some reason, I can't get this phrase out of my mind. I don't have anything to add, because I don't know why I keep thinking it, so I'll just leave you with the scripture...

Isaiah 61:2-4 (King James Version)
2To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
3To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.
4And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.

4 comments:

  1. Bro James & Sis Juanita used to sing a song about this. It was called The trade and the last line was I sure got the best of the trade. Yes , it is a beautiful passage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you both came on the the singing. You were awesome. God will do exactly what he said he'd do for you. Some things are instant some come just in time..I love you both

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad we came, too. Even Dave got depressed today, and that doesn't happen too often.
    I know God will do exactly what he said he'd do for me, I'm just having trouble determining exactly what that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed out. All week I determined how it couldn't possibly be the singing service but I never actually looked. Wish I had.
    God is good and he will perform good things for His people just hold on!

    ReplyDelete