Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

An Honest Prayer

(Readers, keep in mind I haven't slept yet, so for me, it's still tonight)

Dear Lord, please help me. This was a good day for me. I accomplished the goals I had set for today, I saw some progress with Annie, and I was even able to eat two complete meals with no stomach pain. I was so encouraged, until tonight's altercation between Max and Annie. It wasn't a big one, but it was enough to unsettle me. Now I sit here, discouraged, and once again, unsure of Max's future. I just don't understand why this is happening. I just don't understand how they could do so well with eachother for so long, only to have tension now. But what I'm mostly upset about is the fact that I, so easily, lose hope. Jesus, it's going to take a miracle to heal my home, but I know you can perform miracles, because I've seen it with my own eyes. Recently. So why do I sit here discouraged? Why does each set-back send me plummeting into dispair, when I know better? The reason is fear. Fear that I've made every wrong decision in the world with these cats. Fear that I'll have to lose Max. I beg you, Father, please don't make me give up any of my cats. I love them all so much, and only want them to live long, healthy, happy lives. Please, make that possible, Jesus, in your holy name I pray. Amen.
Father, God, I'm so scared...

3 comments:

  1. I do not believe you will have to rehome Max

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling more hopeful after a phone conversation with our vet. He thinks it's way too soon to give up on Max.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the vet. Hang in there. I know it is hard but I honestly believe it will be ok. God bless your kitties with peace!!!

    ReplyDelete