Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Friday, September 10, 2010

Kool Aid Dyeing

While surfing the web last night, I found the best video tutorial. It shows, in easy to understand terms, how to dye wool yarn using Kool Aid. Inspired, I decided to give it a try. I dove to the bottom of my cedar chest, where I keep most of my 100% wool, and dug out two hanks of Cascade 220, one in natural, one in soft white. Being an insomniac, I'm always looking for overnight projects to keep my mind busy in the wee hours. I prepped the yarn then, and after Dave fell asleep, I got up and my adventure began. One hank, my first attempt at a multi-color yarn, is already dyed and drying on the shower rod, while the other, a solid color, is in the process of cooling. I'll update as soon as that yarn is a safe temp from me to handle.
To be Continued...

1 comment: