Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Monday, September 27, 2010

Annie Update

For those who are interested, I'd like to report on Annie's progress. She's still afraid, but she has made some baby steps since my last post about her...
We have put food, water, and a litter box in the bathroom for her. It may be over protectiveness on my part, but I just didn't want to take the risk that she'd starve herself, rather than face the other cats at the feeding area. I was closing the door everytime I showered, so she could come out, eat, use her litter, or just walk around without the others having access to her. She has now reached a point where she comes out sometimes when the door is still open. She jumps right back up to her shelf in the closet if she sees the other cats, but it's at least a step. For the past week, she has been going into our room when Dave leaves for work. This gives her room to play, and stretch her legs, and also provides more human contact. I consider this to be another step. Today, she left her bathroom to walk into the livingroom, go to the door, and look outside. The minute she saw Max, she ran back into her hidey hole before he saw her. No, it's not perfect, but it is a few baby steps in the right direction, and I want to give glory to God for each and every one of them. I don't want to take even a tiny bit of the credit, because I've done all I know to do, and it hasn't worked. Only God can fix this situation. Please, Father, I pray for a complete healing in my animal family, in Jesus' name.

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear. Remember even baby steps are STEPS.. I am encouraged and will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do. Shortly after I posted this, there was an altercation. I wish these set backs wouldn't discourage me so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She'll be ok. Take it one day at a time. Things will change. I'm glad she is responding.

    ReplyDelete