Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Just A Thought

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."-1 Samuel 16:7

Anyone who knows me probably already knows where I'm going with this. One of my biggest dislikes about this day we live in is the vast amount of importance being placed on the superficial. I find it extremely distasteful that fat-prejudice is not only condoned, but sometimes encouraged. Youth is revered to the point where mature, beautiful women (and men, for that matter) are altering thier appearance to the point where they don't even look human. Sad. I'm so very thankful that our Heavenly Father looks deeper. He knows us inside and out, and loves us just the same. No, there's nothing wrong with looking your best, but lets not let outer beauty, expensive clothes, or recapturing youth become the most important things in our lives. None of it determine's our value. Only God can do that, and he loves us just as we are. Thank you, Father...

3 comments:

  1. very true and our world would be better if more people preferred beauty from the inside

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bitsi..well said. A person I love recently told me her transformation had given her great self confidence. What I have witnessed is haughtyness, arrogance (sp!), and downright acts of mean-ness...not all that attractive if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete