Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Slipper Socks Finished!

Wow, this really was a fast knit. The eight row pattern repeat is so easy, I had it memorised about the middle of the first sock. I actually knitted the second sock without using the chart. At first, I was nervous about the heel. Yes, I've knitted short-row heels before, but they never turned out well. My trouble occurs when picking up the wrap to knit together with the stitch. I've always had difficulty figuring out exactly where the wrap is, and I'd end up picking up part of the stitch below. The result is a row of gaps that later have to be sewn shut. This time, it seemed to click, and I was easily able to find the wraps. The difference is amazing. In fact, now that I can do it properly, I think I actually prefer the short-row heel. No picking up gusset stitches.

1 comment: