Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Illusion Of Peace

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance."-Psalm 42:5

I couldn't have asked for a more calm afternoon. After Dave left for his remote, I heated up some left-over soup, then sat on the back porch to eat it. As I sat there, I began to take notice of all the peace surrounding me. Morty was napping on the back of a porch chair, while Maybel was sleeping on the foot stool. Annie, out of hiding for a good portion of the day, watched us from the bedroom window. As I looked out at my yard, I begun to appreciate the gift of living in a state with a more moderate Fall season. I watched a bumble bee sip from what's left of my annual pentas and my autumn sage. My roses have begun to rebloom, giving me one more flush of color before going to sleep for the year. Gentle breezes rustle the trees, causing the first round of fall leaves to flutter to the ground, while outdoor cats claim the sunniest spots to bask in the warmth of the day. I really have so much to be thankful for. What I don't understand is why my heart can be so unsettled on such a perfect, peaceful day...

5 comments:

  1. I think your environment sounds wonderful. I think you should rest in it and give thanks for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I THINK THE PEACEFUL SPIRIT IS WITHIN YOU ALSO THAT YOU ARE SURROUNDED WITH. REST IN THE LORD AND ACCEPT THE FEELING OF HIS QUIETNESS. YOU DID ALL YOU COULD TO SETTLE YOUR HOME WITHOUT REHOMING MAX. MAX CHOSE TO BE REHOMED AND GOD SUPPLIED THAT HOME. REST IN THE LORD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Norma. I don't know if I can totally rest until you get a clean, cancer-free bill of health, though. Dave and I are praying for that very thing.
    Glenda, we're praying your tests come back clean. I'm ready for there to be NO MORE illness in my family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen. I am praying, too. Clean bill of health for both my sister!!!

    I pray all would be in good health and have peace for each day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Zita and Bitsi...I am praying for Norma every day. I have had several people tell me they feel peace about Norma when they pray, that it will be ok. I claim those words to be so.

    ReplyDelete