Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Monday, October 4, 2010

Didn't Wanna Do It

Last week, I started knitting a washcloth, which I was going to pair with some pretty soaps I'd bought from Tuesday Morning, for a gift. I have a pretty hefty stash of Rowan Handknit Cotton I purchased during a clearance sale at The Woolie Ewe. Since the colors are so beautiful, and the cotton is softer than Lily cottons, I decided to use it. Oh, I was so proud of the way it was knitting up. About half way though, I decided to read the care instructions. According to the lable, this yarn is supposed to be either dry cleaned or handwashed in soap flakes. No soaking, no wringing. Not very practical for a washcloth, so I felt I had no choice but to frog. I must say, I don’t think frogging a project has ever broken my heart more. A word of advice to all knitters out there...Read your yarn lables before you start your project.

3 comments:

  1. How sad. That is a really pretty pattern. I hope you can find a color and yarn to make it with that is more appropriate and matches your soap.
    I was trying to decide if crocheted towel and cloth would be appropriate for Caleb's house warming. Maybe a plain button, no flower. You gave me somereally nice colors of brown and a variegated brown, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zita, everyone uses towels..men & women...and it always is nice to have something pretty in a kitchen. Caleb has been surrounded by hand crafted things his whole life so I would think he already appeciates the warmth they give a home...

    Bitsi..how sad..you will think of something to make from that pretty thread..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go ahead and finish, Jennifer. Let it be a trivet or just decor.

    Zita I think Caleb (like Glenda said appreciates hand made) and would love some of the kitchen sets. You could even make a plastic sack holder... FYI I need one of thse for James. He asked if I had an extra.

    ReplyDelete