Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Real Pedicure

I never thought I'd say this, but I love a professional pedicure. I don't get them very often, but it sure is nice when I do. My favorite place in town is called Nu Nails. The salon is so clean and spacious, and the staff is very professional. They're fast without making you feel like you've been rushed...And most importantly (for me, anyway)...they've never made fun of my freakishly long second toe.
Earlier this month, when I was feeling so down, I decided to get myself a pedicure. I hadn't had one all year, and I just needed to feel better. When I got to my usual salon, I found them gone, and shop closed down. Oh, no! I can't go to another place. These people are already used to my toe. So I went home and painted my own toenails. I discovered later that Nu Nails hadn't shut down, but simply moved. I still hadn't gone, because they moved to an area that is waaayyy out of my driving comfort zone. Oh, well. I guess I don't really need pedicures, do I?
Did I mention that I have the best husband ever? Friday, Dave had the afternoon off. We went out to eat, then he took me to Tuesday Morning, then for a Sonic happy hour diet coke. While we were out, I mentioned that it's such a shame my favorite nail salon moved, because it would be nice to have one pedicure before it gets too cold to wear sandals. Do you know what that wonderful mad did? He took me there. While I was inside getting my pedicure, he got a nice nap in the car. Once again...Did I mention I have the best husband ever...?

2 comments:

  1. your feet look good. I like those polka dot sandals.
    I agree you have a very good husband. Be good to him (I know you are).
    I'm glad you found him or he found you as the case may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got those flip flops 2 years ago. The Shoe Dept was marking down all their summer shoes to make room for thier boots and stuff.

    ReplyDelete