Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Monday, October 25, 2010

Healthy Me?

It depends on my driving phobia. Last week, Dave and I attended the Crime Stoppers banquet. We enjoyed a dinner of fried catfish, and all the fixings of a yummy fish fry. They offered door prizes, and put on a trivia game show. I was chosen, and won the trivia game. My prize? A three month membership to Anytime Fitness. Now, I've never been one who likes to work out in the company of others, so I thought about giving it away. Kim, a friend I used to work with at the salon, loves to work out at the gym. I had pretty much decided to give it to her, but I reconsidered. I found out this gym is available to it's members 24 hours a day. Part of my membership includes a key, so I can go in and work out anytime it's convenient for me. Hence the name, "Anytime Fitness." I went in today to start my membership. The only drawback is that it's out of my driving comfort zone, but there are plenty of traffic lights to help me, and because it's Anytime, I can choose to go during low traffic times. I'm going to try to go regularly. I'll feel guilty if I don't, because Kim would have really enjoyed this.

3 comments:

  1. Is that the one across from pjc

    don't go in the midnight hours

    Great job winning

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in the old Goody's parking lot. I haven't been but once, so I guess I should have given it to Kim. It's just hard for me to make myself drive out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe when things get better I can go watch you!

    ReplyDelete