Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Eight Years Ago, On This Day...

I married my best friend. Dave and I met at Unique Image, the salon where I used to cut hair. We always had fun visits, and I used to smile whenever I'd see his name in my appointment book. After six years of being my faithful client, he finally asked me out. We like to joke about that first date, because I, being stupid like I am, told him I just wanted to be friends. He must have believed me, because I didn't hear from him for two weeks. What? This isn't how it's supposed to happen. In the movies, when a woman tells a man she just wants to be friends, it makes him want to see her even more. After a torturous two weeks of berating myself, I was surprised by a call from him. From that point on, things just fell into place. Six months later, at the small church we still attend to this day, we got married.
Now, after eight years, we're happier than ever. I honestly can't remember what life was like before, because it just feels like we've always been together. We've supported eachother though loss of parents, job scares, illnesses, and issues with my cats. He has never treated any of my worries like they are trivial or unimportant (even when they were unimportant). These may not have been an easy eight years, but they've been wonderful just the same.
Dave, I hope you're reading this at work. I love you. :)

3 comments:

  1. that is so sweet. God bless your aniversary

    ReplyDelete
  2. aawwww. That was said so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you both and may you have a lifetime more years of happiness together.
    I love you both and am glad you mesh together so well.
    Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete