Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sock Yarn Flip Flops

This project was so much fun. Lately, I seem to be obsessed with flip-flops. I don't know where this came from, because normally, I hate any shoes that show too much of my feet. I guess turning forty-ish, and being married to a completely non-judgemental man has helped me to not worry so much about little superficial things. That, along with the fact that flip-flops have become more than they once were. I've always thought of them as just an easy, cheap shoe that can be slipped on for a quick trip outside. Now they are spruced up with jewels, silk flowers, polka dots, and all sorts of fun things. They can be worn with dressier clothes, and to a wide range of events. Yes, flip-flops have come a long way, baby. Of course, with that versitility comes higher prices, but with the help of Ravelry, I've discovered a way to dress up a pair of inexpensive flip-flops, with a little yarn, and some imagination. Just click here for the easy, well illustrated instructions, as well as some ideas for imbelisments. It only took me an hour to create the cuties pictured here, using Panda Cotton sock yarn, a cotton, bamboo blend from Crystal Pallace Yarns. The shoes just cost five dollars at Walmart, and the yarn was in my stash. Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. So neat. Is this the same [attern you gave me?
    I haven't made them. One reason the only flip flops I have right now really cost $1 and already pull through occassionally but I would like to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, its the same pattern. I have a two dollar pair from Joann's I'm going to do next. These have a bit of a platform heel. That's probably why they were five dollars.

    ReplyDelete