Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Booga Bag

While going though, and reorganizing my yarn bins, I rediscovered three skeins of Boku yarn. Boku is a 95% wool-5% silk blend put out by Plymouth Yarn Company. I was told this yarn is great for felting, and since I seem to be the only Ravelry member who hasn't made a Booga Bag, I decided to do one. I've been trying to use my stash yarn as much as possible, and this is a great project for that purpose. I only have 297 yards, and the pattern calls for 330, so I decided to knit the bottom rectangle, and possibly the straps in a complimenting solid color (also from my stash). I was going to start this until next week, but I was just too excited about it to wait. What a fast knit. I just started it yesterday, and I’ve already finished up a whole skein. I absolutely love the feel of this yarn, and the colors are so amazing. I’ve gotten to row 40, with two more skeins to go, and I’m beginning to think I’d have had enough yarn without having to use the solid. That's fine, because I really love the effect. I can hardly wait to felt it, and see if mine turns out as nice as the others I've seen. I'll keep ya'll updated.

2 comments:

  1. LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE A BEAUTY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so. I've never felted anything bigger than a cat toy, so I'm a little nervous. Hope it works.

    ReplyDelete