Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Chalupa Recipe

Dave and I have a great recipe for chalupas. I just had some, and I enjoyed them so much, I wanted to pass the recipe on to my readers.

Chalupas
1 onion (or half onion if you prefer)
1 lb ground meat (Dave and I use turkey)
1 taco seasoning packet
1 can of refried beans (we use Rosarita fat free beans with cilantro and lime)
toppings of your choice (we use lettuce shreds, tomatos, cheese, salsa)
Brown ground meat and onions together. Add taco seasoning, and stir until completely mixed (you may have to add a bit of water). Add refried beans, and heat through. Assemble your chalupa, and enjoy.

If you'd like to make your own shells, here is Dave's recipe:
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, followed by a single layer of white corn tortillas (tortillas can touch, but not overlap). Give each on a shot of fat free cooking spray, and salt to taste. Bake in oven until golden brown (our oven takes about 10-12 minutes per panful).

The bean/meat mixture can be refrigerated, and reheated later for another meal. I like to use it to make nachos, a taco salad, or just as a dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment