Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Gorgeous!

I'm so excited! I was outside watering my poor wilted flowers, when I saw this beauty. It floated around the yard, and lit on my purple pentas. I was berating myself for, once again, not having my camera with me. I continued to water, glancing at it from time to time, and noticed that it just wasn't leaving. I decided to run indoors and grab my camera. If it flew away while I was in the house, it would be no different than if I'd missed the picure because I was outside without a camera, right. When I got back outside, not only was it still there, but it stayed long enough for me to get several shots. I chose the best of them to share with my readers. I think it's probably the prettiest butterfly I've ever seen, and this time the picture isn't blurred! I know it's hot and very uncomfortable this time of year, but if we're paying attention, we can find a wealth of little things that make us smile.

5 comments:

  1. We saw this same butterfly yesterday and wanted to get a picture of it then, but it flew away. Thanks honey for getting a terrific shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually the above comment is mine but I'm on Jennifer's computer trying to comment as Dave but not having much success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome. I see a butterfly every now and then at Lollypop. The kids are always finding bugs. I have seen a few I didn't even know what they were.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no! My husband is impersonating me! lol
    Yes, I'm very proud of this picture. I took several, then picked out the best one for my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER PIX, SUPER COMMENTS. SLOW US DOWN , LORD SO WE CAN SEE AND ENJOY YOUR BEAUTY IN LITTLE THINGS

    ReplyDelete