Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

More Flip-Flops

I am so proud of these! I decorated another pair of flip-flops, using the same directions as before. This time I used Taiyo, a cotton-silk yarn (with a small amounts of wool and nylon thrown in for elasticity), from Noro. I had a little left over from a striped vest I'd made last year. It feels so soft and comfy on the feet. The creater of this pattern sews a button to the center of each flip-flop for embellishment. I didn't have any buttons, so crocheted myself one...
Using the center color, chain 4 and join with a slip stitch to form a ring. Chain 3, then work 11-15 double crochets in the center of the ring (enough to make a circle), and join with a slip stitch to beginning chain, fasten off. Join second color in any of the double crochets with a single crochet. [Chain 1, single crochet in the next stitch] all the way around your 'button' and join with a slip stitch in the beginning single crochet. fasten off. Sew to center of each shoe and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed your flip flops at church last night. I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I was a little surprised nobody commented, but I guess prayer meeting isn't the time for noticing peoples' shoes.

    ReplyDelete