Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My New Goal

During my recent reorganization of my yarn bins, I made a new goal for myself. I was surprised, and a little embarrassed at the number of skeins I'd purchased, stored, and forgotten I had. This blatant neglect of these poor yarn skeins and hanks is inexcuseable. I plan to devote the rest of this year to knitting primarily with yarn from my stash.
now, I know what you're probably thinking...That there's no way on earth I can go the rest of the year without buying new yarn. I'll admit it's not going to be easy, but I'm going to give it my best shot. I've searched the Ravelry patterns pages, and have already made plans for some of my yarns, plus just finishing the projects I've started will keep me busy for a good long time. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually look forward to the challange, and I'll be sharing my progress with all of you. Maybe ya'll can help me not go through yarn shopping withdrawls.
I hope ya'll like crafts :)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck. One year we was having a really cold winte and I was kinda closed in. I decided to finish all the projects I had started. I had quite a few started. Crochet, piecing, clothing. I finished them and I was so excited as each project was finished. You can do it and you will be so proud of each project you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's actually going to be fun. After I've spent the rest of the year knitting with stashed yarn, I can shop Woolie Ewe's annual end of year sale without guilt.

    ReplyDelete