Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Friday, August 6, 2010

Finished Booga Bag

My Booga Bag is complete, and I'm so proud of it. In fact, I've thoroughly enjoyed everything about this project. The pattern is very well written, it's a fast, easy knit, and the yarn was a dream to work with. Plus, I learned a new skill! The felting process was the scariest part, because this is the first time I've felted something bigger than a cat toy. It took three passes through the washer, about a day and a half to dry, but I did it! The only drawback (and it's really not a big drawback as far as I'm conserned) is that if you look closely, you can still see a little stitch definition. I suppose I could have run it though the wash again, but I chose not to. The more felting, the smaller the bag, and this bag is the perfect size for my needs. I highly recommend this project to anyone who wants to venture into felting, but feels intimidated by the process. If I can do it, trust me, you can do it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment