Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sparkles?

Last week, the texture was applied to the ceiling, and for some reason, this brought a childhood memory back to me. I remembered a house I used to live in, where the ceilings had sparkles. I used to lay in bed at night, and pretend they were stars. I asked Jerry (Charlie's son, who's been working in the room) if people ever ask for the sparkles anymore. He told me no, but if I wanted them, he'd sure add them. Of course, I told him I didn't want them, but for a brief moment, I have to confess I was tempted. I'm sure it's just nostalgia that made me temporarily want them.

5 comments:

  1. I think you made the right choice about the sparkles but that is a nice childhood memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do I, I love the sparkles and it is a good memory, but when you sweep the cobwebs you also have to sweep the sparkles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't it the Maryland St house? I remember the year we painted, and covered the sparkles. It made me so sad at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a good memeory. I don't remember where it was either but I also remember painting over them. I think. My memory is not really that great with long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I think it was on Maryland

    I still like the sparkles and if I could hire all the refreshes it would take I would have them today!

    I hope Dave is feeling better!

    See you at prayer meeting... Be blessed

    ReplyDelete