Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Monday, February 21, 2011

My Springtime Shawl

Where I live, the daytime temperatures have become warmer, but there is still a chill in the morning and evening. I've decided to knit myself a shawl to combat this chill as I enjoy my back porch. I chose the pattern, Sweet November, a free Ravelry download, designed by Caryl Pierre. It's the perfect pattern for now, because it is easy and quick (I figured it would defeat my purpose if, by the time I finish shawl, it’s too warm to wear it). I’m using Cascade Sierra, a mostly cotton yarn with a small amount of wool, and US size 10 needles. The pattern suggests 10.5, but this size tips isn't included in my addiClick set. It doesn't look like the change is going to hurt the finished look one bit.

2 comments:

  1. I think your shawl will be beautiful. I love the loose look and the color is so soft and pretty. Good luck, knittling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I was good and used yarn from my stash. :)

    ReplyDelete