Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wish Me Luck

Dave has been asked to MC the Sweetheart Soiree on Saturday Night. This particular event isn't formal, but I do need something dressy. I've been mentally going through my closet since last week, and nothing seems to fit the description of party attire. Last night, I was thinking how great it would be if I had a new sweater to go with one of my dressier skirts, but I'm not about to get out in this frozen weather to go shopping. Then I remembered a pattern I have in my Ravelry queue. For those of you who are unfamiliar with ravelry, our queue is a list of patterns we plan to knit someday. This pattern is called Cherie Amour. It is designed by Ashley Adams Moncrief, and can be found here, at knitty.com. As you can see, it's a meshy fabric, knit with bulky yarn on large needles, making it possible to knit it up fast. The yarn I'm using is called Fusion, and is a product of Madil Yarns. This yarn is a blend of wool and PC-dralon (whatever that is), with a little mohair for fluff. It is listed as aran weight, which is normally what U.S. residents call worsted weight, but I'm not sure the information is correct. I've already knit up one ball, and while I don't think it's quite as thick as bulky, I know it's thicker than any worsted I've ever seen. I actually have mixed feelings about this yarn. It has a slightly fuzzy texture, which causes it to split. That can be a bit of a challange to work with. On the other hand, it's creating a light, crazy soft fabric that I know will be a pleasure to wear...If I can finish in time.
So you can see, I've got my work cut out for me. I've put all my other projects on hold so I can consentrate on this one goal. I hope I finish it, or I'll be running around at the last minute, trying to find something to wear to this shin-dig. Please, wish me luck. I'm going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment