Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Noro Scarf (Second Try)

This is my second attempt at knitting a Noro Striped Scarf. The first one didn't have enough contrast to really show off the colors of each skein. This time, I chose a bright and a muted, hoping to correct that problem. The stripes are showing up nicely so far, but it's looking a little girly. I wish I knew the secret to picking out color combinations for this pattern. I haven't seen any way to determine the color progression of the stripes while the skeins are wound, and shop owners would rather you didn't unwind the skeins on the shelf.
I guess, since I'm a bit of a girly girl, I see no reason to frog this scarf at the moment, so I'm going to keep on knitting. In looking at the finished projects on Ravelry, I've learned that each color change usually works together beautifully in the end. Only time will tell if this is true in my case.

3 comments:

  1. I love the colors and after all we are girls

    Please don't frog it

    Enjoyed prayer meeting. Missed Zita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors, too. Looks like a lot of pink, my personal favorite.

    ReplyDelete