Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

And The Job Gets Bigger

What began as a simple ceiling repair has blossomed into a redo of the room. Instead of simply putting up new tiles, we had decided to sheet rock and texture the ceiling, like we did when we remodeled the kitchen. This way, when it's up, it's going to stay. As I was washing and ironing my curtains yesterday, I was thinking that it's too bad we couldn't texture the walls, too. For those of you who haven't been to my house, we have old fashioned sheet rock panels. They were much thinner, and have seams where they meet. It sort of looks like paneling that's been painted over. I was also thinking how nice it would be to cover that door. Again, for those of you who have never seen my house, we have a door leading to nowhere. Well, it actually leads to the back of the bathroom closet we had built back in 2006.
At the end of yesterday's work day, Charlie gave me the perfect opportunity to mention my thoughts. They had finished taping and bedding the ceiling. Since they couldn't do anything else until the mud dried, they were getting ready to leave. Charlie asked me if I'd like them to just go ahead and paint the whole room while they had it all emptied. I told him it sounded like a great idea, and now that you mention it, I do have some other ideas....
I explained all I'd been thinking, and after discussing it with Dave, we decided to go ahead with the total room makeover. It's going to cost us a lot more, but we do have the money in savings. It also means a longer period of my house being in disarray, but the idea of a fresh, new room, makes that all worth it. Besides, it gives me a chance to go through my stuff, throw out what I no longer want, and clean up what I do.

2 comments:

  1. wonderful. I know you will enjoy your "new" Room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying not to be jealous...but, I am so hapy for you

    ReplyDelete