Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Trouble already?

Yes, I can't believe it, but I've already hit my first snag in my Sweater goal. I had finished the lower body, and over half the ribbing when I discovered it. It just was looking so big. I know the sweater is designed to be worn with positive ease, but, wow, that's a lot of ease. I looked at the schematic, then again at the pattern measurements, and there was my mistake. I had cast on for the wrong size. Can you believe it? I need this sweater by Saturday night, and I'm knitting it in in the WRONG SIZE! (grr!) I transferred the work onto waste yarn, so I could try on the garment. I noticed the number of rows required for my size is the same as for this size, so the length is fine. In fact, I think I'm going to like the flouncier look better (and I always appreciate a little more booty room). The ribbing, on the other hand, had to be redone. I ripped back to the last row of the lower body part, and decreased twelve stitches evenly across my first ribbing row. Now I have the correct amount of stitches for my size. Hopefully, the rest of the garment will go without a hitch. I believe I'm going to enjoy wearing this sweater. The chances of having it completed by Saturday just got slimmer, but I'm still going to try.

5 comments:

  1. It will work out, I just know it. If it doesn't, let's go get you something nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do anything. I am still praying for you about everything that concerns you!

    I hope you enjoy your sweetheart evening with your sweetheart!

    Did you know the old depot by us is now Mexican buffet?

    God is still good and we expect double blessings this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it. Hope all goes well and you enjoy your night out. I am suppose to go to a training class tomorrow. Your date sounds like more fun!
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete