Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Two Finished Projects

Today, I'd like to share a couple of photos featuring projects I've recently knit. The first one is a scarf, knit by the Cable and Lace scarf pattern from Debbie Bliss' Pure Cashmere booklet. This quick, yet attractive, scarf has become my go to pattern for an instant gratification knit. I used Noro Silk Garden for this particular scarf, which was my last completed project of 2010. Dave took this picture of me with our new camera, just as we were leaving for the Watch Night Service on New Years Eve. I had just finished blocking it that day.
The second picture, a pair of lacy mitts, was my first finished project of 2011. I used Sirdar Snuggly DK, which is normally used for baby items, but I think it made a beautiful pair of mitts. The pattern was a free Ravelry download called Baby Fan Mitts, designed by Morgan Wolf. It's a smaller version of the Feather and Fan stitch, which I find very easy, and enjoyable to knit.

5 comments:

  1. I saw the scarf new years and it is very pretty. The mitts look nice, too.
    Thanks for the ride. Jessie brought me my car today around 3:30/4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bitsi, love the knitted pieces. I love my open fingered floves you made.

    Zita, glad you have your car back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scarf was beautiful I too, saw it New Year's Eave service. I think that would be a type of gloves that I would wear.

    I love you.
    Had a pretty good day, today

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use my fingerless gloves for reading, knitting, blogging, or any other time my hands are cold, but I need the use of my fingers.

    I'm so glad you had a good day. I've been so concerned about you lately.

    ReplyDelete