Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Hat

This hat was knit with Noro Silk Garden. In fact, it's one of the colors of yarn from my ill-fated attempt at knitting the extremely popular Noro Striped Scarf pattern by Jared Flood. I ended up frogging mine because the two colors I'd chosen were both too muted to really do this scarf justice. I still plan to try the scarf again in the future, but, getting back to the subject of the hat...
The pattern is called Felicity. It is designed by Wanett Clyde, and can be found on her blog, Knitology. Since I have a tendancy to knit tight, my hat didn't fit me properly, so I frogged it back, and made a few modifications, which can be found on my Ravelry page. For those of you who are not Ravelry members, here is a quote from my Felicity Project page:

1-10-11: Starting Over- For my second attempt, I cast on 80 stitches with a size 6 needle. I purled the first round, knit the second round, purled the third round to create a thin garter stitch border. Now I’m continuing in stocking stitch for the time being. As you can see, I’m making it up as I go. Update (and mods): Knit to about 2 inches from cast on edge, then changed to size 7 needles. Knit until work measures 4 inches, then changed to size 8 needles, and knit until 5.5 inches. Start the increase section with the second increase round (since I cast on 80 stitches), and knit pattern as written until after the last increase row, where I knit 8 round even instead of 6. This makes up for the 2 knit rows I skipped by starting with the second increase round. Knit decrease section as written.

5 comments:

  1. Looks nice. I made Bethany two crochet hats for Christmas. I used the same pattern for both. I thought they turned out good. She liked them and I know she has worn one of them because I saw her in it. I thought about making the boys one but I never did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Its a self striping yarn, so I didn't even have to change colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think that is so amazing

    ReplyDelete