Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Preparations

Dave and I are having so much fun preparing for tomorrow. By the time he got home from work, I had finished my pasta salad, and sliced up my pineapple (for the fruit salad). Dave made the crusts for our pies, and a pan of cornbread to be used for dressing. He's really the cook around here, while my role is to chop, peel, measure, and assist him. Right now, I have a pecan pie in the oven (yes, except for the crust, I made it), and Dave is unwrapping the turkey to help it thaw faster. I honestly am having a great evening. Yes, it's a lot of work, but Dave and I enjoy working together like this. I hope our Thanksgiving dinner is tasty tomorrow. If it's not, it won't be because we didn't try.

3 comments:

  1. I know from past experience everything will be wonderful. See you all tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to it. Sadly, it looks like it's going to be too cold to eat out on the screened porch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a wonderful meal. So relaxed. And delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for having me over!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete