Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Monday, November 22, 2010

More Cleaning

Today was another cleaning day. There has been a funky smell in the house lately, and Dave and I believe the source has been coming from behind the recliners. During his lunch break, Dave moved the recliners and end tables out from the wall, before he went back to work. I vacuumed back there, then shampooed the area using my Bissel Little Green, and the solution for pet odors. I also emptied the litter boxes, washed them, then refilled them with new litter. I must have gotten to the root of the problem, because the house already smells fresher. Hopefully, by the time Dave gets home from work, the carpet will be dry enough to move the furniture back, and I can run the vacuum where the chairs were sitting. I'm hoping to finish the big tasks today and tomorrow, so all I'll have to do Thursday is tidy up the living area before my guests arrive. Sisters, you're all more than welcome to join us. Ricky has called, and he and Alice will be coming. This will be the first time I've entertained one of my brothers for a holiday. He, Dave, and any other man who wants to, can plant themselves in front of the football game while we ladies visit. It will be fun.

5 comments:

  1. Looking forwrd to the holiday. I think you and Dave make wonderful Host/Hostess. I totally enjoy every visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could be there but Perry has to take me to Paris tomorrow for pre-op, work Wednesday and Friday. I can't ask him to make another trip. He has been dragging. Perry and I will be alone this Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda do you plan to stay for prayer meeting? Visit with us or just make a flying trip. I sent you a letter I mailed it Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glenda, you and Perry are always in our prayers. Other than a quick trip to Big Lots for some laundry detergent, I should be home tomorrow, if ya'll want to stop by or give me a call.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will have to make a flying trip. I hope to get to see everyone. It will depend on how long my appointments last. We will not stay for prayer meeting probably. I have not got a letter, Norma?

    ReplyDelete