Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Muscle Ache

As much as I hate to admit this, I injured myself while taking a shower. Yesterday, I was rinsing the shampoo out of my hair. I don't remember why, but I turned my head to the side, and hurt my upper back, close to my right shoulder blade. I had worked out yesterday, and I thought maybe I'd strained it, and it would be better today, but it's not. In fact, the pain seems to be moving up toward my neck. I don't know how to care for it, because I don't know what I did. Assuming it's just muscle strain, I've been going about my business, hoping to work it out, but it still hurts. If it's a pulled muscle, I really should take it easy. If it still hurts tomorrow, I might try that.
Gotta be careful. I did fine at the gym, but apparantly, showering is dangerous business.

4 comments:

  1. Ouch! Hope you are feeling better...Proud of you for working out, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being proud of me, but I probably don't deserve it. The reason I'm going is because it's free. I've been going every other day except on weekends, because I expect weekends to be crowded, and I don't play well with other people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just because it is free don't lessen the fact that you are making the effort.

    Hope you are feeling better. My arm still hurts me quite a bit. I think maybe the way i sleep agravates it.
    I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, Since you are going to try to take it easy tomorrow I will just come home from work and not come by your house. If you need me to do something for you just let me know. I pray all the soreness will be gone soon. Peace to your household.
    Love and prayers, Zita

    ReplyDelete