Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Monday, March 14, 2011

Striped Scarf Progress

Last night, I was in a knitting mood, so I got out my Noro Striped scarf. I hadn't worked on it for a month, because, once again, I wasn't sure I liked it. I had feared I'd have to unravel, like I did last time, and assume (after a second failed attempt) That I just wasn't meant to knit one. Then Ravelry saved the day. I found a thread dedicated to the Noro Striped scarf, where Ravelers have shared advice, and photos of their own Noro Scarves. I don't remember who wrote it, but one conversation really stood out to me. A woman was speaking of the hard time she was having finding colors to put together (wow, that sounds familiar). While some sections looked great, there were where she wasn't happy with the colors (also familiar). In answer to her dilemma, a fellow group member told her to just continue knitting. Sometimes sections that may look odd on thier own, turn out to be a beautiful part of the whole (not her exact words, but the idea is the same). I took this piece of advice, and made myself continue on my scarf, and I'm glad I did. It's just like she said. I may not love that girly pink section, but it does have it's place. I have decided that no matter what happens, or what I see, I'm not unraveling this scarf. Each color section will work together in the end.

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to see the end.

    By the way pray some more for me, when the nurse came today I have a small section of my wound opening back up. she said BE SURE AND DO NOTHING THE NEXT FEW DAYS. How can I do that.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure will. I know it's hard to do absolutely nothing, but you're going to have to try. When this is healed for good, you can do all you want. :)

    ReplyDelete