Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Night Owl Returns

This is very frustrating. For eight days, I was required to get up each morning, which made it possible for me to be sleepy at night. I was so proud of all I was getting done in the mornings, that I had purposed to continue this routine, even after the work was complete. I was able to continue this until a couple of days ago, when I got sick. As is usual when I'm sick, depression set in, making it hard for me to want to face the day. I even (temporarily) lost interest in my finishing my new craft room.
Fortunately, I have a husband who is patient with me, and is helpful in pulling me out of these funks. By Saturday, my cold had moved down into my chest. That's ok. It's not too bad, and I can handle this a lot better than the pain of a sore throat, and that feeling of downing when I lay down. I had even regained a little of my lost energy. We moved the houseplants outside to the porch, and I gave them a good water. Dave fried chicken, and we ate together on the back porch. Sunday, after church, lunch, and my daily Max visit, we got the furniture moved and the pictures hung in the new craft room.
I finally feel human again, but unfortunately, springing forward has messed with my sleep habits. You wouldn't think one hour would make much difference, but for me it does. It's just that easy for me to slip back into sleepless nights, which of course, will lead to late mornings. I don't know why it even bothers me. I can still get the same amount done, just overnight instead of in the mornings. Maybe I should just accept that I'm a night person, and stop trying so hard to change who I am? I don't know. I'm still going to try making myself get up around 9:30-10, but I don't have much faith in that happening.

2 comments:

  1. Bitsi, I am sorry you are sick. The night owl thing..who knows what is best for everyone. I do feel better when I sleep at night. I have a hard time sleeping in the daytime so if I don't sleep at night..I don't sleep.

    I got some new tables for my bedroom. Actually they are small chests. I am excited. They have lots of storage and are tall enough. I also got some underbed storage boxes on wheels..like those Mom had. I hope that helps with the clutter. We are going to move all of Perry's clothes to the garage so the walk in will be all mine! I am trying to clear out my clothes..who knew I had so many? It was hard to see them scattered all over the place. I am going to take the advice of an old friend (at least try to) She told me don't buy anything unless you get rid of 2 things and make sure you LOVE everything you buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're going to love having all that storage space. And once you go through your things, and clear out what you don't want, it gives you a great feeling. Truthfully, I kept some things I probably didn't need to, but I don't feel bad, because I cleared out lots of stuff.

    ReplyDelete