Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Max Pictures

As you all know, I like to go to the apartment building at least once a day to visit Max. I pack him a container of dry food, a can of fancy feast, and a book or crochet for me. Dave has been driving me over. He's found himself a shady spot, and when the breeze is blowing, it's the perfect place for reading or napping. I set my cell phone's alarm clock so I don't have to keep checking the time, then I just sit with Max. He comes running over to me from a fenced yard across the street, where he's found a bed of ornamental grass to nap in. He gets on my lap, all purrs and snuggles, and I just pet him until time to leave. According to Sis JoAnne, he's the neighborhood cat. I'm glad he's loved, but I sure miss him. I'm still praying that someday I can bring him back home. The only reason I haven't already is because I'm afraid my outdoor cats might chase him away. I'd never forgive myself if I lost him forever, just because I couldn't leave him where he is, and be content with my daily visits. I honestly wish I could turn back time and never give him up. At the time, I thought it was God's direction, but I'm not so sure anymore.

2 comments:

  1. those are really good shots of Max. I am glad you found a way to enjoy visits with him that is convenient to both you and Dave. He is a top cat in the neighborhood and everybody's best bud. Hope you have a good day. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max is a beautiful cat, which makes it very easy to get good photos of him. Dave will be taking his naps at home during the heat of the summer, but for now, he's content to take me over there.

    ReplyDelete