Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Monday, March 7, 2011

The Feeling Of Clean

The redo of my craft room has prompted me into cleaning mode. Of course if we'd known our income was about to decrease, we'd have just had the ceiling fixed, but we didn't. No use fretting over something that is already done, especially when it's been so good for me. For eight days, I had to get up before 8am every morning to let the workers in. This has gotten me in the habit of sleeping at night. Of course, I don't set my clock for 7:3o in the morning anymore, but I have been setting it for 9, giving me more time and energy to clean my house. Having Dave home has helped even more. He's tall enough to reach things that have collected dust, because I can't reach them. Last week, he took all the globes out of the ceiling fans, so I could wash them while he dusted the blades. He also took down our bedroom curtains, so I could wash and Iron them. I'm just amazed at the difference just getting those two things done has made. Now, my house not only looks clean, it feels clean.

4 comments:

  1. wow! so happy for you, can't wait to see it all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just telling Perry we need to spring clean..you are so fortunate to have yours done..trust me, these things get harder when you get older. Perry and I don't feel like cleaning anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe me, I don't do it every year. That's why it had gotten so bad. I felt like I was surrounded by walls of dust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am surrounded by walls of dust!

    ReplyDelete