Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring Shawl Finished

Yes, the title says it all. I've finally finished my Springtime shawl, and I love it. The knitting and blocking has been done for several days, but I was dragging my feet with the fringe. I honestly don't know why I always put off adding fringe. I guess it doesn't help that I'm out numbered by curious little kitty cat noses, but it's not fair for me to blame the cats. The truth is I simply don't enjoy adding fringe. I had toyed with the idea of omitting it completely, but I'm so glad I didn't. It's not hard to do, and it added such a nice softness to the edges of this shawl. Overall, this was a joy to knit, and hopefully I have a few mornings and evenings left before it gets too warm to wear it.

3 comments:

  1. That is really pretty. I'm glad you got it finished. Are feeling better?. Pray your cold is gone. I know what you mean about fringe. I hate to put fringe on things, too. Like you say it is east but it is just a task I never looked forward to.
    It does look good on the shawl. Worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer that is so beautiful. Is that a dusty rose. It looks so soft

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color is called Jasmine, and it's a pastel pink color.

    ReplyDelete