Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Oops! Now I Have To..

Last night the ladies of our church gathered for a little Christmas party. We had food, games, and prayer for us all. Our gift exchange was the game were you can either pick a gift or take away someone else's gift. My gift of a garden rock was taken away by my great aunt Bettie, so I had to pick another gift. I really had my eye on my aunt Gina's lovely tree ornament, a metal beauty, shaped like a bottlecap, with a picture of Santa painted on it. I started not to take it, because I've been so down I haven't even put up my tree, but I just couldn't resist the lure of a Santa ornament. So now I have to put up my tree so I can display my new treasure, and not feel bad for stealing it from my aunt. What a fun night we had.

4 comments:

  1. I love Christmas trees. I have a followup appt tomorrow to get the staples out but don't know if I will get to do any visiting..Perry has to work Friday.

    Wish I could have been at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better, Glenda. We'd have loved to have you at the party.
    I'll keep you in my prayers tomorrow for a successful staple removal, and both of you for a safe trip here and back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yrs, Glenda you are in our prayers. I have been there and done that!!

    You would have loved the party

    Jennifer I am so glad you got something to give you a boost to get ready for Christmas. The party was fantastic

    ReplyDelete