Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Dave Is Sneaky (But Awesome)

Even though I'm sick, Dave and I have had the best Christmas. I gave him a pair of socks (hand knitted, of course), a gift card to Home Depot, and various kitchen items he'd been eyeing. He gave me a portable CD player (so I can listen to my music as I sit on my back porch), a magazine I've been eyeing, but haven't bought, and something that is so thoughtful, it left me speechless...
Back in October, when I won my ribbons at the fair, I had planned to create a page for the scrapbook Norma gave me back when Dave and I were Family of the month. Since I don't really know how to scrap, I had stuck my ribbons in a drawer, fully intending to persue my idea after I'd learned a few things, but actually I'd, sadly, forgotten about them. Last week, Dave asked me what I'd done with my ribbons, and I showed them to him. Again, I'd forgotten about them...until today. You know what that sneaky husband of mine did? He took them, along with my photos, to a frame shop to have a display made. I have to say, this was a complete surprise, and I love it so much. I hope it's not to prideful, but I've hung the framed ribbons right in the livingroom. I just have to have it where I can see it and be reminded of how much my husband loves me.

3 comments:

  1. Nice socks...Dave is a very thoughtful husband. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you guys got to have a good day together for Christmas.

    I have always known that Dave was a thoughtful husband and this further proves it.

    Nice socks

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very thoughtful gift. It really looks nice in the picture.
    I am so glad y'all had a great day.
    Get well soon.
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete